Competitive Salary Offered
Our client is currently looking to recruit a Trading Standards Officer (Animal feed / Food Safety / Safety) on an initial 6 month contract basis.
The successful candidate will have previous experience working within Trading Standards, and ideally within either the areas of Health & Safety, Animal Feed or Food Safety
• To undertake regulatory enforcement, provide advice to business and ensure compliance with legislation delegated to the Trading Standards Service
• To conduct investigations into alleged offences / breaches and prepare reports for legal proceedings
• To work with partners and other enforcement agencies and help achieve the aims of the Trading Standards Service
• To provide, with appropriate support, a specialist level on knowledge and expertise in a designated enforcement area that can be used effectively across the Trading Standards Service
• The Diploma in Trading Standards OR the Diploma in Consumer Affairs and Trading Standards and 20 additional service delivery module points under the Trading Standards Qualifications Framework (TSQF), OR the Diploma in Consumer Affairs (DCA) and 2 additional DCA papers or 20 additional service delivery module points under the TSQF.
• Broad enforcement and advisory experience
• Able to maintain currency with legislative and technological developments and environmental factors
• Able to communicate logically and precisely both verbally and in writing
• Able to confidently interact with a wide variety of people and use initiative and judgement in difficult situations