Competitive Salary Offered
We are urgently seeking an experienced and skilled Trading Standards Enforcement Officer to ensure effective and efficient delivery of agreed targets and objectives for the Trading Standards service for one of our Yorkshire local government clients.
The Trading Standards Enforcement Officer will undertake investigations, either on an individual basis or as a team member, into breaches of consumer protection legislation and to prepare reports for legal proceedings. The officer will be required to attend court and give evidence. The officer will liaise with other enforcement agencies, government departments and professional bodies in the exercise of these functions.
Ideal candidates will demonstrate the following:
• Practical enforcement experience and a demonstrable understanding of Trading Standards priorities.
• Trading Standards Practitioner Certificate (TSPC) or
• Trading Standards Practitioner Diploma (TSPD) or an equivalent qualification
• Ability to communicate effectively to a range of audiences and possess good report writing skills
• Ability to maintain a customer-focused approach to the performance of duties and to maintain a competent level of knowledge and skills
• Demonstrate a commitment to Equal Opportunities policy in both employment and service delivery.