We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our multi-disciplinary Public Health Division in a Service Manager role within the Covid-19 Test and Trace team. This is a great opportunity for a highly skilled individual to join Public Health within the largest Local Authority in the country, and lead work that contributes to Birmingham being a great city that enables people to live healthy and active lives.
The Public Health Division is engaged in a dynamic and diverse range of innovative work at a local, regional, national and international level.
This temporary position will be within the Test and Trace team leading the team working on engagement and communications through the next 6 to 12 months of the Covid-19 outbreak. The team leads on community engagement, communication with communities and social media engagement relating to Covid-19 and the local outbreak response. The team is key in delivering the local outbreak engagement plan and ensuring that we are getting advice, guidance and support across the city’s diverse communities in an effective fashion using multiple routes and methods of communication.
The role will provide senior management of a small team delivering the communication and engagement approach for the test and trace programme. The team will work closely with the wider test and trace function and support rapid outbreak response communication and engagement as well as long term community engagement and partnership.
Skills & Experience
This is an ideal opportunity for somebody who has:
• substantial experience of working with a wide range of partners and stakeholders and has a keen interest in public health,
• substantial experience in community engagement and collaboration, and experience of working with communities in challenging situation,
• ability to interact with the diverse communities of Birmingham and is passionate about reducing health inequalities;
• experience of delivering performance and governance arrangements and developing and implementing improvement programmes in line with agreed priorities;
• demonstrable knowledge and understanding of Public Health priorities and relevant policy environment;
• substantial experience of developing and coordinating the delivery of community engagement and partnership programmes;
• experience in developing staff through both formal and informal opportunities.
This Vacancy is no longer open for applications. Please search vacancies or submit your CV