£14.19 per hour PAYE
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our multi-disciplinary Public Health Division within the Covid-19 Test and Trace team. This is a great opportunity for a skilled individual to join Public Health within the largest Local Authority in the country, and lead work that contributes to Birmingham being a great city that enables people to live healthy and active lives.
The Public Health Division is engaged in a dynamic and diverse range of innovative work at a local, regional, national and international level.
This temporary position will be within the Test and Trace team supporting the engagement and communications through the next 6 to 12 months of the Covid-19 outbreak. The team leads on community engagement, communication with communities and social media engagement relating to Covid-19 and the local outbreak response. The team is key in delivering the local outbreak engagement plan and ensuring that we are getting advice, guidance and support across the city’s diverse communities in an effective fashion using multiple routes and methods of communication
The role will provide officer support to a small team delivering the communication and engagement approach for the test and trace programme. The team will work closely with the wider test and trace function and support rapid outbreak response communication and engagement as well as long term community engagement and partnership.
Skills & Experience
This is an ideal opportunity for somebody who:
• has experience of working with a wide range of partners and stakeholders and has a keen interest in public health,
• has experience in community engagement and collaboration, and experience of working with communities in challenging situations
• is able to interact with the diverse communities of Birmingham and is passionate about reducing health inequalities;
• has the ability to make effective use of different types of communication including using social media to engage a range of audiences
• has knowledge and understanding of Public Health priorities and relevant policy environment;
• has experience of supporting delivery of community engagement and partnership programmes.
This Vacancy is no longer open for applications. Please search vacancies or submit your CV