Trading Standards, Environmental Health, Enforcement
Competitive Salary Offered
Our client in North London is seeking a Covid Compliance Officer to join their Community Safety Team on an initial 3-month contract.
This post will support the Council to investigate, enforce and prosecute all incidents relating to unauthorised encampments, all aspects of environmental crime including graffiti, flyposting, fly tipping, littering, anti-social behaviour as well as Enforce the Council’s response to the Covid-19 pandemic.
• To manage a case load as assigned by the Community Safety Manager, undertaking a multi-agency problem solving approach and where required securing partnership intervention to achieve a successful timely resolution of the case.
• To investigate all cases and progressing enforcement action where appropriate, providing victim and witness statements, undertaking interviews under caution (in street and office-based environments), preparing case files, liaising with the legal team, securing detailed witness statements and evidence, leading to appropriate sanctions including civil proceedings and formal prosecutions.
• To act as a high visibility uniformed presence in the boroughs Town centres and public open spaces whilst being a point of contact for the public visiting these areas, dealing with general enquires in an ambassadorial manner.
• To work with partners to provide information, reports and intelligence around government guidance, regulation and laws regarding the Covid 19 legislation. This includes but is not limited to reporting breaches, providing statements to support legal action and attending court if required to give evidence.
• To engage with the public and local businesses in relation to the government guidance, regulation and laws regarding the Covid 19 legislation such as social distancing, wearing of face masks and displaying of QR codes (NHS Track and Trace) etc.
• To be responsible for your own development and awareness of knowledge around the latest position on government guidance, regulation and laws relating to the control of the Covid-19 virus.
• Full UK Driving Licence
• Understanding/ practical experience with Covid-19 legislation